Monday, February 4, 2013

TO MODERN OR POSTMODERN

Honestly I don't know what to make out of this quote. I'm more confused than ever. There were two parts of the quotes that made sense to me. 1 " There's some great essay somewhere that has a line about irony being the song of the prisoner who's come to love his cage…"  this part is meaningful to me because I have come to love my problems and I deal with them instead of turning away from them. 2 "You burn with hunger for food that does not exist," this quote is meaningful to me because it reminds me of where I came from. In my opinion this quote can state that someone in poverty can wished to be rich but they never will be because it does not exist for them. This is just my example for quote number 2. This quote reminds me of a quote that I  heard a long time ago when I didn't care for the world. The quote states " The rich person is richer when he becomes poor, than the poor person when he becomes rich"(Esperanza Rising). This basically means that we need to value what we already have and not what we want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment