Friday, May 17, 2013

"JOHNNY CYBERPUNK"

"This story is very interesting. I enjoy reading stories like this because it is basically a piece of reality in an imagination running wild".

Summery
To begin with this story occurs in the distant future. The main character is Johnny and he was hire by the Yakuza to store an important information on his head. He figures out that his life is in danger so he arranges an appointment Ralfi  who was sent to retrieve the information. His cover is blown immediately and during the meeting he meets Molly Millions who he hires, and then she saves his neck. Yakuza blows up Ralfi and Johnny get save by distraction. Johnny and Molly then go and see Dolphin who is a junky.  They seek him out to help them figure out the information . Then they go into hiding at Lo-Tek. They go to the killing floor where they are attacked again and molly saves the day.Johnny describes that he doesn't know if Yakuza accepted their terms or not and what he did to the piece of information. In the end Johnny, Molly, and Dog become business partners.


  1. First, this story contains a lot Cyberpunk genre in it. For Example, Molly has glasses that are surgically implanted to her face and that the way she dresses is weird. Ralfi is like a robot and he is an asassin. Johnny can have information store into his head with out knowing what it is and it could be retrieve. Dolphin well he is like a mechanical dolphin from the navy. In this world others can hack your systems  because that is how Ralfi die. He gets blown up. There is more but I think I missed them.
  2. Second I would like to explain why this story is post-modernism. Post-modernism is a critique of what we assume is truth. Here are some examples from the story. Although the story is taking place in the future with really advance technology, it still repeats the same patterns from the past. For example, there are still organised crimes that exist such as the Yakuza. Drug addicts still exist like Dolphin. People still hide to get away from problems or they try to face it like Johnny. And then, there is my favorite character who portrays one of my favorite quotes "Business is just Business". I apply this quote to my life and I`m very real, In fact I am here handling my business which is just business (which is homework that was due for Dr. Preston yesterday), and then there is this character, "Molly" who handles business which is just business ( which is rejecting Ralfi`s offer and accepting Johnny`s offer, also she didn't know them. they were complete strangers to her). 

"Well, this is my definition why this story is postmodernism and cyberpunk. Feel free to critique me. I welcome positive and negative comments. Why? Because it helps me improve myself. Anyways Good mornig, I'm going to sleep".



No comments:

Post a Comment